Home Forums Applications Not able to restore Database for Version: 11.0 SP12; Build: 6920

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Christopher Gillis 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Shankar
    Participant

I have sucessfully install Aras Innovator SP12 & did couple of custmization work. I want to take that database backup so I created .bak file and try to restore it on difference machine.  SQL server is successfully able to restore the database when I try to login with the admin/innovator login,getting below error.

“The Database is not available:Cannot open database “InnovatorSolutions_12” requested by the login. The login failed. Login failed for user ‘innovator_regular’. “

Note:- Execute below SQL after database restore.

sp_change_users_login ‘Update_One’,’innovator’,’innovator’

sp_addrolemember ‘db_owner’,’innovator’

Help me to solve problem , If any one has correct SQL which needs to executed after db restore for SP12 , Please share.

~Thank You.

Hello,

In 11.0 SP12, we introduced a new SQL user called ‘innovator_regular’ for security reasons. In addition to the SQL queries you ran after you restored the database, you should also run the SQL query below.

sp_change_users_login 'Update_One','innovator_regular','innovator_regular'

This should resolve the login issue you were seeing.

Chris

Christopher Gillis

Aras Labs Software Engineer

Shankar
    Participant

Thank you Christopher

Its working and it helped me a lot.

Henry Tu
    Participant

Hi Christopher Gillis,

I executed above SQL after database restore.

sp_change_users_login ‘Update_One’,’innovator_regular’,’innovator_regular’

Error

Msg 15291, Level 16, State 1, Procedure sp_change_users_login, Line 137
    Terminating this procedure. The Login name ‘innovator_regular’ is absent or invalid.

Help me to solve problem…

Thank you,

Henry Tu

Hello,

Could you check that the database you’re restoring is an SP12 database? You can find this by running the following SQL query against it within SQL Server Management Studio.

select name,value from innovator.variable where name = 'VersionServicePack' or name = 'VersionMajor'

Chris

Christopher Gillis

Henry Tu
    Participant

Hi Christopher Gillis,

I backup Database from Aras SP9 and I was successful on recovery when on Aras SP9. Now, I want to restore Database to Aras SP12.
    I think my wrong where, help me.

Thank you,

Henry Tu

Hi Henry,

Databases are only compatible with the versions of Innovator they were created for. You will not be able to use an SP9 database with an SP12 instance of Innovator.

Aras does provide upgrade services for subscribers. If you are not an Aras subscriber, I recommend contacting our Community team for more information about this subscription benefit: info@aras.com

Chris

Christopher Gillis

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.